IT and Administration Support Trainee
About the Role
Uni Hub Spencer Gulf is seeking a recent school leaver interested in undertaking a 12-month traineeship to support a range of administration and information technology functions. Tasks will include:
1. Providing positive and friendly greeting and engagement with visitors or students on site.
2. Manage incoming phone calls and front counter enquiries in a professional and helpful manner and refer to other staff, as appropriate.
3. Maintenance of databases, files and documents.
4. Ensuring Uni Hub campuses are maintained in a clean, tidy and hygienic manner and compliant with covid-19 health directives.
5. Set up and supporting meetings and events held on site.
6. Logging and distributing postal mail and parcel deliveries.
7. Supporting Uni Hub staff and students with printing and basic IT hardware and software problem-solving tasks.
8. Supporting the Uni Hub at external events and functions.
9. Representing the Uni Hub in a positive and professional manner within the community.
10. Supporting the Uni Hub CEO and Campus Coordinator with other tasks as directed.
The trainee will work under the supervision of Uni Hub staff and will also include the opportunity to work with the Port Augusta City Council’s IT Department, who are contracted to provide Uni Hub’s IT management and support.
This role will be full-time (including provision for completing Certificate 3 study requirements), based at Uni Hub’s Port Augusta (53 Commercial Road) campus, however regular travel to other sites, including the Port Pirie Campus will be required.
About the Certificate 3 in Information Technology
In addition to on-the-job tasks, the Trainee will gain skills and competencies in a range of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) roles, including animation, basic cloud computing, basic cyber awareness, digital media skills, generalist IT support services, networking, programming, systems and web development.
Individuals who work in these fields apply broad sets of skills, including foundational knowledge in critical thinking and customer service skills, team work, to support a range of technologies, processes, procedures, policies, people and clients in a variety of work contexts.
Electives are available in the fields of animation, basic cloud computing, cyber security, digital media, web development, IT support, programming, computer network and systems operation.
To Apply for this Role
Applicants applying for this role must be currently completing, or have recently completed Year 12.
As this role will require travel between the Port Augusta and Port Pirie campuses, a current drivers licence is essential.
Applicants should also possess a broad range of skills, including:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to contribute positively and effectively within a small team environment.
• Willingness to learn, work under instruction and take guidance
• Ability to use initiative to resolve basic problems with minimal supervision
• Ability to adapt to a changing work environment to accommodate the demands of Uni Hub campuses and staff
• Ability to multi-task efficiently, prioritise and manage tasks in a fast, courteous, and pleasant manner
• Interest in IT and competency in the use of various office and information-related technology, including computers, printers, and familiarity with teleconference, video and web-based meeting options.
• Competency with Microsoft Office programs, email and database entry.
To apply for this position, applicants should provide a cover letter outlining their interest in the role and a copy of their resume, with two current referees, addressed to:
Coordinator, Port Augusta Campus
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday, 20th January 2021