Duration: 1, 1.5 or 2 years full time, up to 6 years part-time
The Graduate Diploma of Urban and Regional Planning enables graduates to contribute towards making the world more liveable and sustainable through developing understanding and skills in all major and core areas relating to place-making and land use planning.
Online, with local support through Uni Hub Spencer Gulf
- demonstrate an advanced, systematic and coherent body of knowledge in urban and regional planning, including deep understanding of the discipline’s underlying principles and concepts;
- demonstrate highly developed cognitive, critical and technical skills to analyse and evaluate complex land-use and built-environment problems in a range of social, economic and environmental contexts;
- demonstrate knowledge and skills to exercise the high level judgement and responsibility required of a highly skilled professional planner in the governance of diverse urban and regional contexts; and
- demonstrate initiative in planning and evaluating approaches to complex planning problems, capacity to work in leadership roles, and ability to communicate complex and theoretical information to a variety of audiences.
By completing UNE’s Graduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning, you will have a good foundation to work competently in planning offices in the private and public sectors.
Your focus areas could include:
- urban design and place-making
- regional and rural planning
- development assessment and land use
- environmental planning and natural resource management
- social and community-based planning
- heritage and conservation.
Planning integrates environmental, economic and social aspects of development with the competing needs of communities, companies and governments. This complex and dynamic field requires planning professionals to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills to keep up with a rapidly-changing environment.
Whether you are looking to upskill or enter the planning profession, UNE’s postgraduate Graduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning offers a strong foundation of core units for understanding the complexities of urban and regional planning, and your choice of three from a long list of special areas.
This course is fully accredited with the Planning Institute of Australia.
By developing specialist knowledge, plus wider skills including critical thinking and problem solving, you will be well positioned to adapt to a professional environment that is constantly evolving.
Contact Uni Hub
Want to know more?
We can organise an appointment to explain specific course information or answer any questions. We provide full application and enrolment support. We communicate direct with the university and are here to help throughout the entire process and beyond.